AND WARRANTY PROCEDURE
PART ONE: THE WARRANTY; WHAT WE WILL DO FOR YOU
We will describe the equipment you are purchasing as accurately as we can, including all details of options, trim, etc. Please be as detailed as possible on your order confirmation form or purchase order as these documents govern our agreement with you.
We sell three grades of equipment, each with a different level of warranty:
1. On Fully Remanufactured units, we will:
A. Warrant the mechanical parts (except expendable's like belts,nozzles,hoses,retractor cables and glass) for ninety(90) days, replacing any faulty items with new or remanufactured equivalents at our discretion. Cover reasonable labour costs required to correct warranty problems occurring within ninety(90) days. By "reasonable", we mean consistent with industry standards and practices up to a maximum of 3 (three) hours at $45.00 per hour. We cover only local travel costs as part of this warranty. We do not cover ferry, air or train fares. If equipment is installed a distance of more than 20 km from your business address we are not responsible for travel costs.B. Warrant the new Measurement Technology International Ltd Electronic parts for 18 months. No labor, subsistence, travel, subcontractor or Weights and Measures warranty is offered on any electronic parts,kits or associated components.
2. Used units (not remanufactured):
We warrant the parts for 60 days, but do not cover labor or travel. These units have the pumps, meters and boards completely tested and come with new tin on all exterior parts.3. As is equipment (is just what it sounds like):
We warrant that the units are complete when you receive them. These pumps are operational when they leave our facility. They require no cosmetic repairs.
We warrant parts on an exchange basis:
We will supply the warranty replacement parts that you need, charging for them according to our normal credit terms with you. When we receive the defective parts from you and have verified that they are defective, we will credit your account for any reimbursement that is due, including any allowable labor and travel costs. (If you are a COD customer, we will send you a cheque.)
Our warranty begins on the date the equipment is shipped:We cannot begin the warranty at the time of startup because we have no control over how long the equipment may sit, or how it might be treated, between shipment and startup. If at the time you place your order, you know that there will be a startup delay, please discuss the possibility of a warranty extension with your salesperson. There may be a charge for this. The warranty extension date will be printed on your invoice.
PART TWO: THE WARRANTY PROCEDURE; WHAT WE ASK FROM YOU
You must have the equipment installed by an OEM certified technician or a technician specifically approved for your job by National Parts Distributing. This requirement is intended to protect both you, the customer, and us, the supplier. We have run into numerous situations where equipment has been damaged by improper installation and where perfectly good components have been changed out by someone who does not understand the equipment he is working on. Such problems delay and complicate your startup and result in National Parts Distributing being asked to pay unnecessary costs.
You must notify us before you authorize your installer to do any work or to remove any parts that you believe should be covered by our warranty. We will give you a warranty authorization number and our technical experts will work with your people to minimize everyone's downtime and expense.
You must get any needed replacement parts from us, not from others. You must return all defective parts to us to receive warranty credit and to receive any labor costs that are due you. In exceptional cases, we may authorize you to obtain parts from others, but any such authorization must be in writing (via mail or FAX) or our warranty department will refuse to honor the claim.
The parts you return to us for warranty credit must be the same ones that we sent you and they must be returned to us prepaid. Our components are marked and serialized for identification. Please do not ask us to warrant someone else's products.
PART THREE: THE FINE PRINT
1. Our warranty extends only to the original purchaser.
2. Our warranty does not cover problems caused by shipping damage or faulty installation, nor do we pay costs associated with working on parts that are good when they are returned.
3. Our warranty does not cover loss of dispensed product, loss of use of the unit, or other incidental or consequential expense or damages incurred by the purchaser.
4. Our warranty coverage shall not exceed the amounts paid by the original purchaser at the time of its purchase.
5. Our warranty is void if the unit has been damaged by accident or unreasonable use, neglect, improper service, power surge, lightening, or other causes not arising out of defects in materials or workmanship.
6. Our warranty applies only to equipment installed in Canada. Labor coverage is limited as above, and to Canada only.
7. National Parts Distributing's employees, distributors, or agents may have made oral statements about the product(s) we are selling to you. Such statements are not warranties, shall not be relied on as such, and are not part of the contract of sale.
THERE ARE NO OTHER WARRANTIES AND NO WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A SPECIFIC USE. MID WEST PUMP (90) LTD NEITHER ASSUMES, NOR AUTHORIZES ANY PERSON TO ASSUME FOR IT, ANY LIABILITY BEYOND THAT STATED HEREIN.